Welcome to LYME REGIS GOLF CLUB
Lyme Regis Golf Club is recognised as one of the finest golf courses in the South West.
A challenge for any golfer regardless of skill, Lyme Regis Golf Club allows visitors and members alike to experience a round of unforgettable enjoyment with quality golf assured and breath-taking views to match.The course occupies a cliff top location with coastal views over the Jurassic coastline towards Portland Bill and overlooks the historic town and World Heritage Site of Lyme Regis.
Over the years, helped by continuous investment and the commitment of extremely good green keepers, the course has evolved into an acclaimed track measuring 6283 yards par 71 (SSS 71) from the white tees and 5685 yards par 73 (SSS 74) from the red tees.
Visiting golfers are always very welcome, with Societies being accommodated throughout the year, and Winter Warmer packages available from October through to March.
Lyme Regis Golf Club was instituted on 3rd April 1893. The “Entrance Fee” was £1 1s and the annual subscription was also £1 1s. The visitor green fees were 1s 0d (daily), 4s 0d (weekly) and 10s 0d (monthly). There were 67 members.
The Original Course
The original course was laid out as 9 holes and then extended to become 18 holes. In 1934, the layout of the day was as shown in the diagram which, was taken from the Official Handbook at the time.
Note the coast road joining Lyme Regis with Charmouth which has now slipped into the sea and also the original site of the Clubhouse. In those days many members would walk up from Lyme Regis carrying their clubs.
In 1934 the entrance fee and annual subscription had tripled to 3 guineas with members residing more than 20 miles away paying 2 guineas!, with a day ticket cost of 3s 6d (17.5p).
The Present Day
Over the years, helped by continuous investment and the employment of excellent staff, the club and course has evolved into a welcoming and acclaimed venue. The course now measures 6283 yards par 71 (SSS 71) off it’s full length.